The Cebu City Zoo or the Cebu Wildlife Resources Conservation & Protection Office was originally a project of Hon. Raymundo Crystal sometime in the 1950’s. It was established in 1973 in collaboration with the Boys Scout organization in Cebu in the plot of land donated by former Governor Rene Espina.
The Lamplighters Foundation under Father Eleuterio Tropa managed the zoo during this time. After Father Tropa passed away in 1993, the Philippine Wetlands & Wildlife Foundation Inc was tasked in managing the zoo by the City of Cebu. The Cebu City zoo is currently under the management of Giovanni Stephen Romarate while Dr. Alice Utlang is the veterinarian of the zoo. Executive Order No. 18-5 of the Office of the Mayor of Cebu City gave the zoo its new name, the Cebu Wildlife Resources Conservation & Protection Office in September 2015.
The Cebu City zoo covers a total of seven hectares and houses a number of birds, reptiles and mammals. Among its attractions is a Philippine brown deer, Philippine log-tailed macaque, a saltwater crocodile, monitor lizard, white-bellied sea eagle and a sulphur-crested cockatoo. The zoo also houses a golden leopard and a Bengal tiger named Boggart. The current star of the show at the zoo is the Burmese pythons, which is popular among both local and foreign tourists due to the “snake massage“service they provide.
The Cebu City zoo or the Cebu Wildlife Resources Conservation & Protection Office is located in Capitol Hills, Barangay Kalunasan, Cebu City. The zoo is open from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM from Monday to Sunday. The entrance is P25 for adults and P10 for children.
Lola Pureza's Peanut Browas, a taste of old Cebu.
Available in leading supermarkets and pasalubong shops.