The story of the Langub Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe started during the Spanish era when a wild chicken trapper named Ricardo Ramirez saw a flashing light coming from a cave that was known back then as the “langub na duha’y baba” or cave with two mouths in 1880. The cave was located close to a river called Sapang Diyot in Barangay Kalunasan. When he asked the other hunters if they saw the same flashing light he saw, they replied that they did not see anything.
The image was moved from its location on top of a naturally-formed rock close to a rock shaped like a basin to level ground close to the river and a hermitage as built on the site. Since the hermitage burned down during the Philippine-American War, the image was transferred to the Church of San Nicolas. A small chapel was eventually built in Kalunasan in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The wooden image is brought to the area during the annual fiesta and novena in the area. After the fiesta and novena, the image is returned to the church.