The City of Danao is located in the northern part of the island of Cebu. It was once the Kingdom of Nahalin before the coming of the Spaniards. It became an encomienda in 1570 and a parish was established in 1609 by the Recollects. The place became a municipality in 1773. A number of industries thrived in the area in the 20th century until it eventually became a city in 1961.
Fisherfolk have benefitted from these marine sanctuaries, which has allowed them to maintain a good catch each time they went out to the sea. Fish vendors are also enjoying a steady stream of products to sell. Aside from selling fresh fish, some enterprising individuals are also selling the tinap-anan along the roadsides of Barangay Sabang, which is considered as the tinap-anan district of the city